Customer service charter
Our commitment to service
We are committed to providing reliable, efficient and commercially viable port services and facilities to our customers. We will strive to satisfy your expectations by providing a value for money service, efficiently and promptly.
We commit to:
- Being driven by principles of quality improvement.
- Continually improving and documenting our processes and procedures.
We will do this by:
We welcome your comments and suggestions on the provision of KPA's services to help us serve you even better.
Chief Executive Officer
Our service standards
To achieve effective customer services and communication we will:
Treat you with courtesy and consideration.
Endeavour to provide accurate information at all times.
Deal quickly and competently with your enquiries.
- Identify ourselves and endeavour to answer the telephone within five rings.
- Wear name badges so you know who we are.
- Continuously improve access to our services for people with disabilities.
- Respond to your telephone calls quickly or return your calls within one (1) working day.
- Answer your routine letters within fourteen (14) days or acknowledge complex correspondence and notify of an extended response period.
- Respond promptly to requests for berths or stevedoring services.
- Render invoices within seven (7) days from completion of the service.
- Pay suppliers in accordance with their terms and conditions.
- Inform you of proposed changes in policies, operations rates and charges relevant to you.
- Keep you informed about port developments and issues.
- Make every effort to minimise disruption to servicing your vessel and will provide at least 24 hours advanced notice to carry out planned work on facilities.
To our customers
You can assist us to provide reliable and efficient services by:
- Providing us with feedback,
- Supplying accurate and timely information on shipping movements, and
- Keeping us informed about your organisation and your requirements
KPA welcomes feedback and suggestions for improvement and we will endeavour to obtain feedback through general customer liaison and surveys. Your feedback will help us to review and update our Customer Service Charter as required.
Customer feedback should be directed to the Administration Manager, who will: